We live in a time where there are plenty of things make us lose our sleep. Whether its stress at work or an important meeting in the meeting. The only thing that makes sure you never lose your sleep is the right mattress. But, how to choose a mattress when there are so many to choose from?
For all the people who are struggling to find the right kind of mattress, I have created a guide to help you find your dream mattress easily.
Here are the key factors you should follow when you are looking for mattress in UAE:
Age of your mattress?
As a general rule of thumb, if your mattress is more than 8 years old, it is time to consider buying a new one. However, this rule does not apply to all mattresses. But, if you are feeling restless, not getting enough sleep in the night, or waking up in pain, it is time you should start looking to buy a new mattress for your bed.
What type of mattress do you need?
The type of mattress depends on the preference of each person. With so many options to choose from, it becomes quite difficult to make a choice. Don’t worry, I have broken down the most commonly used mattress and for whom they are suited.
- Memory Foam: Memory foam mattresses are known for providing pressure relief, great support, and body contouring. These mattresses are also designed with cooling properties, which provide a comfortable sleeping experience to hot sleepers.
- Latex: Built exclusively from latex foam, these mattresses are known for their comfort, bounce, responsiveness, and cooling. They are made for people who want great bounce but want to stay away from hug and contour that comes with a memory foam mattress.
- Spring mattress: Or commonly known as coil mattresses have multiple layers of spring coils that provide comfort and support to your body. They are built for people who want a more traditional way spring feel, bounce, and edge support.
- Pillow top: These mattresses have a layer of soft materials stuffed into their covers. This soft material provides extra comfort and cushion to the sleeper.
- Hybrids: They are constructed from a combination of different types of mattresses to maximize comfort, bounce, cooling and also provide great pressure relief. This is the best choice for the majority of the sleepers.
What is your budget?
The budget dictates every shopping decision made by a person. A good quality mattress is not cheap, this is why it is important to set a budget before you start looking to buy one. Also, look for mattresses online, some time online companies offer good-quality mattress around 20% cheap than a retail store.
What firmness do you need?
Firmness means, how hard or soft a mattress feels. It is a highly subjective matter and depends on a lot of factors like your body type, size, weight, and more. Many consumers confuse support with mattress firmness. A mattress that provides support means, it keeps your spine in alignment without creating any pressure point. If a mattress does not provide adequate support, you will more like a wake up with a sore or pain back.
What position do you sleep in?
Everyone sleeps in their own way. Some people like to sleep on their side, while someone sleeps on their back, or you are someone who loves to sleep on your stomach. Each sleeping position has its own needs and requires an ideal firmness level.
Side sleepers don’t always remain in the same position. They constantly change position and leg movement. Because of this constant change, side sleepers need a mattress with soft to medium firmness. A soft mattress will relieve the pressure points on your back and neck.
Firmness is important for side sleepers as they need a mattress that is soft enough to contour according to the curves of their bodies. A hard mattress won’t contour to the shape, resulting in a lack of support that leads to pain in the neck, shoulder, and lower back area.
Both firmness and support are important for back sleepers. A soft mattress will create pressure points by not providing enough push back they need. In addition, if the mattress does not support the sleeper, their spine alignment will be off, which could cause prolonged back pain.
Stomach sleepers need a mattress that can provide support. The torso applies the most pressure on the mattress and for this reason, they need a mattress can provide equal support to their body. If the middle body sinks deep in the mattress, it will create a curve in the spine, causing lower back pain and other problems. Stomach sleepers need to be as flat as possible.