If you own a property, run a resort or manage a complex, one thing that’s clear is, if there is a pond near or in the property, it becomes mandatory to maintain its look. By installing good quality of floating pond fountain, you not only make it more appealing but also keeps the water fresh and free from pollution.
Why you need a Fountain?
If you live in an area where there are prolonged months of warm weather, the stagnant water in the pond can become a breeding ground for insects and harmful elements. No one likes to sit or walk near a pond that is covered with green algae. However, installing the pump will help keep the water fresh as it moves the water both above and below the surface. The more aeration water receives, the fewer the chances of pollution are there.
Now, you must be thinking about how to choose the right floating fountain pump for your pond? Lucky for you, we have created a list of essential points that you need to consider if you want to buy the best quality fountain pumps.
1) Size of the floating fountain
The main thing to remember before purchasing a fountain pump is the patter of the spray and how high you want it to be. Make sure that the spray should not be more than the size of the pond. If the spray is too high, the water may go out and the pond may end up emptying itself.
The height and shape of the water dictate the size and model of the motor used in the pump.
2) Position of the fountain
It is important that you determine the position of the fountain and calculate the length of the power cord that is required to power the pump. Also, make sure you consider the depth of the water as the power cord should drop down to the bottom and come up the slope to the power outlet. You can always call a specialist for assistance if you are facing any trouble.
A floating fountain adds more dissolved oxygen throughout the waterbody, which prevents harmful elements and insects from breeding in stagnant water. These fountains are not only visually pleasing but also work great for shallow symmetrically shaped ponds. It also adds dissolved oxygen directly in the water, which increases the amount of oxygen in deep water bodies.
A good quality pump helps in promoting a balanced ecosystem. Installing these floating fountains has several benefits.
Here is the list of benefits of installing the floating fountain.
- Improves the quality of water: Because of oxygen deficiency, sediments at the bottom of the pond releases noxious gases that can cause water quality problems. By using a proper aeration system, fresh and dissolved oxygen is continuously added to the waterbody that converts phosphorus. This converted phosphorus is not usable by algae for food. Aeration system also denies sunlight to the algae spores that help restricts their growth.
- Removes odors: The high amount of hydrogen sulfide gas is produced in stagnant water, this gas causes foul odors. When the bottom of the water mixes with fresh and dissolved oxygens, the odor-causing elements are eliminated, which makes the water fresh.
- Improves the aquatic habitat: Stratification occurs when there is a change in the water temperature. This change is caused by the different layers of water formed at different depths. This thermal stratification results in oxygen depletion, which causes an overall decline in the aquatic ecosystem. This decline in the ecosystem results in the depth of many fishes. Proper aeration disrupts the stratification that creates helps in creating healthier habitat for aquatic organisms.
- Prevents the growth of mosquitos: Stagnant water promotes the growth of mosquitos. Aeration system creates a constant flow in the water that prevents mosquitos from breeding. It also acts as the natural mosquito control system.
- It helps reduce the accumulation of bottom sediment: Organic matter decomposes slowly under low oxygen conditions, which results in the buildup of bottom sediments in the water. An aeration system provides a continuous supply of dissolved oxygen that helps reduces the accumulation. This also prevents the need for future dredging.
A proper fountain pond is not only visually pleasing but it also has many benefits. It helps reduce water pollution, eliminates odor-causing elements and improves the aquatic habitat as well. So, it is important to use the right fountain pump for your pond. Make sure, you do thorough research before investing in a fountain pump.