For patients who need to spend a long hour on their bed need, the comfort and quality of their mattresses are extremely important. A comfortable mattress contributes to a good night of sleep, which is important in overall well-being. Therapeutic mattresses are the ones that are designed to provide optimum relief from backaches and soreness.
It is used as powerful assistive equipment that helps individuals who are suffering from different ailments, diseases, injuries, causing pain or mobility issues. If you have or any of your loved have such issues, then you should invest in a therapeutic mattress and enjoy the various health benefits it offers –
1. Types of Therapeutic Mattresses
Following are the types of therapeutic mattress that you can invest in –
- Innerspring Mattress – An innerspring mattress is the most standard therapeutic mattress you will find. It is somewhat similar to the regular mattress but has medical features that cater to patients who don’t need to spend too much time on the bed.
- Medical Air Mattress- If patients are already suffering from bed sores or ulcers, then they need to be on a mattress that alleviates the pressure. Air mattress is designed to help inflate or deflate the air cell within to provide relief to the patients.
- Foam Mattress- For the patients who need to spend a significant amount of time in the bed as a part of their treatment, foam mattress helps in avoiding bedsores.
- Lateral Rotation Mattress – A lateral rotation mattress is that it is another form of cushion mattress designed for bedridden patients. Its structure enables it to move the user both the sides to provide maximum comfort.
2- Size of the Patient
Typically therapeutic mattresses come in various lengths to accommodate patients with different heights. When choosing a therapeutic bed mattress, you must choose a size that is longer than the user. This way, the users have enough space where he or she can comfortably accommodate himself or herself.
A standard hospital bed is around 80″ long and 36″ wide, but you can also get beds that are up to 94 inches in length and 54 inches in width. There are different weight options, as well. If you are on the heavier side, you can choose for a bariatric mattress that accommodates higher weight capacity.
3- Cost and Budget of Therapeutic Mattress
Typically therapeutic mattress are used in healthcare facilities; however, they can be used for patients who are staying at home as well. As we discussed, there are plenty of options available when it comes to picking a therapeutic mattress. You can get a basic mattress for a home that will cost you less; if you have budget constraints.
High-quality tempurpedic mattresses pad are fully adjustable and provide better comfort, but they are a bit costly. So prior to purchasing a therapeutic mattress for your home, you should set a budget. You can buy a basic spring mattress for around USD 100, and this is the lowest price.
For a more deluxe mattress that is suitable for bariatric users, you will have to shed somewhere around USD 6,000. The high-quality therapeutic mattress is worth the money you will be spending. They are designed using top-grade materials and cater efficiently to patients dealing with skin break down.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 701