So, you have lost some important files accidentally and wonder how to recover deleted files on PC.
Well, we have a solution for you. It includes recovering deleted files from recycle bin, using built-in file history utility and using third-party best data recovery tools for instant results.
While built-in features of your PC help you restore deleted files to its older versions, best data restore software helps you recover all types of deleted files to its latest versions.
Let’s discuss few simple ways to recover deleted files from PC instantly.
Restore deleted files from Recycle Bin
All files that you delete on your Windows system directly go to the system recycle bin. These deleted files remain in recycle bin until you decide to empty it or it gets automatically deleted after a specified time. To recover deleted files from recycle bin follow these steps:
- Double-click on Recycle Bin icon on desktop to open it.
- Once you are on Recycle Bin window, select the file that you want to restore.
- Once selected, right-click on it and choose Restore option.
- It will instantly help you restore deleted file to its original location.
You can also restore multiple deleted files here. To do this, select all those files that you want to restore and press “Restore the selected items” option in the menu.
You can also select all files and press “Restore all items” option to restore all deleted files from recycle bin.
Use File History option
Next quick solution to restore deleted files on Windows is to use its built-in File History option. It helps you restore an older version of the lost or deleted file on your PC. If you are on Windows 7, then you can use Previous Versions option to restore deleted file. Follow below-mentioned steps to do this:
- Go to Start menu > Computer.
- Here, navigate to the folder where the deleted file was originally stored.
- Once selected, right-click on the folder and select “Restore previous versions” option.
- Here, you will see different versions of restored files with different times and dates. Choose the latest version and press “Restore” button to restore the selected file.
To restore deleted file’s older version on Windows 10/8.1/8, follow these steps:
- First, you need to navigate to the folder that contained the deleted file originally. Once you found the folder simply open it.
- Here, tap on History button.
- Now you will be able to see all recent backups of deleted files.
- Tap on Previous button to navigate and choose the file you wish to restore.
- Once selected, tap on Restore button to instantly recover it.
Try Best Data Recovery Software to Restore Deleted Files
If you have tried manual ways to recover deleted files on Windows and find it hard to restore these files, then the next best solution is to use best file recovery software. While there are tons of these tools available on the market, let’s review one of the best data recovery software here.
Use Advanced Disk Recovery
Advanced Disk Recovery offers easiest & safest solution to help you restore all deleted files effortlessly. It allows you to recover every type of file and folder on your system automatically. It supports file recovery no matter file is in recycle bin or you have permanently deleted it. This state-of-the-art tool also helps you recover deleted files from multiple storage devices. This smart file recovery software is compatible with all Windows versions including 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
Features of Advanced Disk Recovery
It offers Quick and Deep scan modes to help you recover deleted files the way you want. Here, Quick scan mode uses Master File Table to find & restore files with same name. Under Deep scan, it uses file signatures to search for deleted files.
- It works on simple & intuitive interface to deliver highly accurate results.
- It supports recovery of all types of files.
- It allows you to save sessions which can be resumed later.
- It supports recovery on external device storage.
So, this was a quick review of how to recover deleted files on Windows 10. You can try the above-mentioned steps to recover deleted files for seamless user experience. Furthermore, don’t forget to share your experience or suggestions in the comments below.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.9 / 5. Vote count: 953