Wondering what 3PL companies are? Well, it stands for Third Party Logistics Company which has a massive responsibility of procurement, shipping and distribution of goods. Thus, the function of a 3PL company is supply chain management if you do not specialize in logistics.
As you are outsourcing the business activity to a third party, it is your task to choose the best contractor. The provider should meet your need within the stipulated budget and time frame. If you find such a service provider, your business will undoubtedly move smoothly.
As the company is capable of supply chain processes, it specializes in goods procurement, goods transportation, and distribution. But if you have some different needs, you can discuss it out with the company and avail customized services.
By outsourcing inventory processes, you can solely focus on your business, products, and services. You do not have to worry about the labor cost, the storage facilities, how to receive goods or fulfill orders. Everything is done by the 3PL companies, including the implementation of technology for the recipient of goods and order fulfillment. So, in the end, a business can save time and money for it need not hire staff for inventory management.
A 3PL company benefits a business in multiple ways. It can offer you better prices by providing a bulk discount on goods packing and logistic services. Professionals at a 3PL company have tremendous knowledge in supply chain procedures and processes to benefit your business. They also have staff capable of managing inventory and shipping them. So, the work of inventory management is taken off from your shoulders.
The role and responsibility of a 3PL company
The following are some of the valuable services you may expect from a 3PL company:
1. Receive your goods and send them to the warehouse for storage. The professionals store the goods and keep them in the best condition. Besides, they also handle details relating to the goods.
2. Professionals offer goods pickup services whereby they collect the items and then organize them for the clients.
3. After picking the order, the professionals at a 3PL company start packing the goods for shipment. It is the responsibility of a professional 3PL company to provide packing material like the packing tape, packing boxes, and other stationery.
4. After step-3, the 3Pl companies prepare for goods shipment and make necessary arrangements. Your items will be labeled expertly and sent to the destination.
5. A 3PL company can also take off the hassle of handling returns. If your customer wants to return an item, the 3PL company will arrange to receive the item. It is the task of the company to dispose of the item if you want safely.
We can say that a 3PL company does a great job when it comes to managing shipments. What you may expect is a quick turnaround time and various services that your business requires. For sure, the company can bring about considerable cost savings. The services offer scalability and flexibility to a business. You can focus on your business while the entire logistic processes get simplified.
When should you contact a 3PL company?
If your business is expanding day by day, and you cannot handle the goods shipment and logistics part, it is time to hire a 3PL company. They have all the expertise to carry out tasks quickly and cost-effectively. The professionals can store, pack, and ship goods to your clients. When the burden of logistics is taken off from your shoulders, you can focus on your business.
So, why are you waiting? If you are finding goods management difficult hire the best 3PL company.